Harmony Beat

William Harvey's thoughts about cultural diplomacy and news about Cultures in Harmony, the non-profit he founded in 2005.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Juan, Argentina

violinist, violist, educator, composer, conductor, arranger, cultural diplomat

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Last post in the States

Coincidentally, this is also the 100th post on MFTP's blog. Happy 100th post-day (or is it birth-post?), MFTP!

My recital with Jeannette Koekkoek last night at Indiana University went well. This morning, I packed as quickly as I could, which turned out to be a big mistake as I packed summer pajamas instead of winter ones. As it is winter in Zimbabwe, I have some cold nights to look forward to! That, or sleeping with my entire suitcase on top of me, xylophones and all.

I'm writing in New York from Ryan's apartment...we just finished rehearsing with Sarah, though we may go over the pesky last movement of that Martinu Duo again. I may actually go to bed soon after that, despite the earliness of the hour. Tomorrow, we will get up when the sun is still snug in its celestial bed so that we can catch our 8:10 a.m. flight out of JFK.

We are all pretty excited about this trip. As Ryan says: We kick ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home